1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2016 8:47 AM by Mahfooj Khan

Actions in Tableau

maksims.fedotovs

Hi everyone, I'd appreciate any help with my question about actions in Tableau.

For this example, I use Superstore data. I have two worksheets: in the 1st, Order IDs by Months. In the 2nd one, a list of Order IDs with Order date as a Relative Date filter being set to Yesterday by default.

What I want to be able to do here is click on an Order ID in the 1st ws and it takes you to the 2nd ws with the selected Order ID. The problem is in the 2nd ws I want to keep the Relative Date filter to Yesterday by default. When you click on an Order ID for a date that's not yesterday, 2nd ws cannot find it as it only keeps data for Yesterday. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong and if there are any workarounds?

Please find a screenshot of what I currently have and a sample workbook below.

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Actions in Tableau
          Mahfooj Khan

You're not doing anything wrong. Actually superstores source file hasn't data till yesterday that's why your WS2 is showing blank after putting relative date filter yesterday on Order date. I would suggest instead of relative dates you should use range of dates. It'll show only dates which are available in the data. Else If you wants relative dates only then you should connect only those data where you could have updated data till current date. Let me know If you've any query.

Mahfooj