7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2016 7:40 AM by Mahfooj Khan

Drill Down view auto refresh

Eshwar Prasad

Hi Team,

i have requirement like below.

i have one tab with Region wise sales and member volume and Segment wise sales and member volume.

for both i have one detailed view with customer details and sales. i applied filter actions to both tabs to detailed view.

If am clicking on region bar then will go to drill down and showing proper data(customer count is matching). but from there (Drill down view) if am going to second tab and clicking on something result is not showing properly, this is because i already selected some thing on first tab means drill down view is already filtered with first tab click.

My requirement is, Drill down view needs to be refreshed automatically if you going to second tab. it has to have all records.

PFA book for your reference.

• 1. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
          Mahfooj Khan

Hi,

If you want so then in your filter action you should user hover instead of select.

Mahfooj

• 2. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
            Eshwar Prasad

Hi mahfooj, thanks for the reply.

I am not asking for the different kind of selection.

if you select something on the first tab and went to drill down view. with out going back drill down view has to refresh automatically.

action filter has to refresh automatically.

• 3. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
              Mahfooj Khan

Hi Eshwar,

In any filter action you have only three options for clearing the sections from your target sheet/dashboard.

Leave the filter

Show all values

Exclude all values

You have to choose any of them. I hope you got the point.

Mahfooj

• 4. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
                Sai Kiran

Hi Eashwar,

Just wondering why cant we use separate target sheets for Dashboard 1 and Dashboard 2.

Meaning create a copy of 'Detailed View' name it say 'Detailed View 1' then in actions you can connect

Dashboard 1 to  Detailed View and

Dashboard 2 to  Detailed View 1.

This way you would achieve the filter as you want.

Hope this helps.

• 5. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
                  Eshwar Prasad

Mahfooj, i think you are not understand my requirement properly.

Let explain you clearly.

in my example, in  Fisrt tab West Region i have 512 customers. if you click on west bar then you will go to Drill down view which will show 512 Customers.

like in the same way in the 2nd tab if click on Consumer tab you should  get 789 Customers.

if you go individually by refreshing them drill down view will be working properly.

but if you select west on the first tab and went to drill and from drill down if you are going direclty going to 2nd tab it is not ging

• 6. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
                    Eshwar Prasad

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply.

we can go with that option but in my requirement i should have only one drill down for all tabs.

That is the requirement

• 7. Re: Drill Down view auto refresh
                      Mahfooj Khan

Hi Eshwar,

I've understood your requirements. But I don't think tableau provide such features to do so.

Toggling from one dashboard to other using action filter where your target dashboard is same from two different dashboards.

You've to clear the filter of your first tab then only you can move to second tab to get the correct output. Else you can refer @sai options giving two different views.

Why don't you put all your dashboards in a single layout instead of creating three dashboards. So that user can see the data in a single shot.

Mahfooj