8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2016 5:38 AM by Akram Ebrahim

Data refresh

rushendra sriram

Hi Team,

Need very urgent help. Currently  i am working on data refresh. I am able to see the data in tableau, but my visualization are not updated. I am able to see the new data(incremental)  in Tableau Data source.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you

Rushi

• 1. Re: Data refresh
          Sharad Adhikari

Hi,

Can you make sure the extension of your tableau file is .tbw and not .tbwx? Are you having problem in tableau desktop or server?

BR

Sharad

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Data refresh
            Mahfooj Khan

Hi,

Please check whether your updated are paused or not??

If your updates are OK then refresh your data.

Or save your workbook then close it and reopen the workbook.

I hope this can fix your issue.

Mahfooj

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Data refresh
              Akram Ebrahim

Hi sriram,

IF you are using data connection as live then move to any one of the worksheet select Data-> Datasource name -> Refresh

For extract select Data-> Refresh all extracts option or if only particular datasource then select Data -> Data extract name -> Extract -> Refresh

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Data refresh
                rushendra sriram

Team,

Thanks for response,

I have done all this activities but still I am not able to see the changes in my dashboard. Kindly suggest any other way to refresh

Thanks

Rushi

• 5. Re: Data refresh
                  Sharad Adhikari

Hi,

Sounds interesting. Did you try to refresh thumbnails in tableau desktop?

Once you open the Tableau workbook, see right corner below, you will find filmstrip icon. Press that.

Once you see Tableau images, right click on it and select refresh thumbnails. This will refresh your cache.

If in case, you are using extract data, you might remove the .tde file and try again.

BR

Sharad

• 6. Re: Data refresh
                    C Palo

Did we lose the option to right click and refresh? I am having issues refreshing my data as well with 9.3

• 7. Re: Data refresh
                      Jerry Li

Tableau 9.3 has so many BUGS and especially on data refresh.

Currently my problem is on Sync Client, all local txt refresh were unsuccessful because I use multiple txt files with joins to form one data source, when I refresh this data source the file path I choose is the first txt I imported. Sync Client gives me the following error:

Unable to refresh the data source because of an unsupported operation.

The data source uses multiple files (tables), but only one was expected because a full path was provided.

I have to go back to 9.2.

• 8. Re: Data refresh
                        Akram Ebrahim

Hi sriram,

Please mark the correct response for your question and close the thread, So it will be helpful for others who come with the same question.