1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 3:33 AM by Carl Slifer

Grouping - Adding a field to multiple groups

Eric Horio

Hello,

I need to add a field to multiple groups, but I am having trouble. So I have 3 groups: Closed Won, Closed Lost, and Created Pipeline. Closed Won has one value - 10 Closed Won. I need Created Pipeline to also have - 10 Closed Won in it. Is it possible for 10 Closed Won to be in both groups?

Also is it possible to use these groups as filters for line charts ( when I add more data ), so I can have the user select: Closed Won, Closed Lost, or Created Pipeline?

• 1. Re: Grouping - Adding a field to multiple groups
          Carl Slifer

Hi Eric,

It is not possible to have 1 item in multiple groups. However I may have a workaround. We've done something like this at a client site before that is very similar. We created a new calculated field for Closed Won, Closed, Lost and Created Pipeline. Each of these has its own separate from the others. I had to convert your stage text field into a number with a quirky little workaround but for now pay attention to by calculations for Closed Won, Closed Lost, and Created Pipeline.

Finally I used your previous stage group to colour a bar chart. This way you are able to see that your previous Closed Won exists in both Created Pipeline and Closed Won. I also created a few sets, which you should be able to filter on. Also, yes you can filter on groups.

Cheers,

Carl Slifer

InterWorks