1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 5, 2016 2:58 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Measure Header Aliases: One dashboard, multiple worksheets each with own measure

Anthony Lanzisera

Hi,

On one dashboard sheet, I have multiple worksheets (views on the worksheet) that have one measure value.  All these worksheets are Text Tables.  The problem I am having is I cannot change the header (column name) for each worksheet's one measure value to be different.  The alias is the same for all measure names, even though the measures I used are different.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anthony

• 1. Re: Measure Header Aliases: One dashboard, multiple worksheets each with own measure
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Anthony - I am not quite sure I am following here but I think the issue you are reporting is the inability to show a header for a single measure in the way that you can if Measure Values/Measure Names are used.   In addition, Tableau removes Measure Values/Names when only a single measure appears in the view.  Is this right? 

So instead of : 

- you would like to see - ?? 

Is that right? 

If so - just add [measure values] to the marks shelf and then add Measure Names to the Filters shelf (and Columns) - then edit the Filter manually to only include a single field. 

Let us know if this isn't the issue and instead a different issue is encountered.  In addition, if it is possible to share a sample workbook showing the issue, it would be helpful.

Patrick