Are you the only administrator on the Mac? Are there other admin accounts that you could try the steps on? If not, I would contact support and reference this post!
Thanks for your answer.
yes, I am the only administrator in the MAC.
To connect to Oracle database with Tableau Desktop is required install previously the Oracle client or just need the driver that download in Tableau?
Hi Jack - the question above is for Mac OS X, not Windows as described in the link you provided.
Hello Luis Esturban, were you able to figure out how to resolve this issue on your Mac? I too have been investigating this issue and working with Tableau support to no avail, any help is appreciated.
- Tableau Desktop 9.2.4
- Mac OS X 10.11.5 (El Capitan)
Steps taken so far:
- Installed Oracle drivers for Mac
- Copied the necessary *.ora files
- Edited the Environmental variables which don't seem to work, and may not work on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan as the 'export' command will not display the variables on the Terminal.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled everything.
- May have missed a few other steps per Tableau support recommendations.