1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 2:19 PM by Kent Sloan

Running total as a goalline, problems with drawing to end of axis with no data

David Nelson

snapshot.png

how can I get a running total to extend out into areas that I don't have data?

I have two running sums one of which is used as a goal for the rear. The goal line is the grey line at the top of the chart, and is a running total fed from different data source than my primary data. My primary data in blue doesn't have values for the remainder of the year. I need my chart to extend out to December with the goal line being drawn.

I have tried forcing the data to draw by extending the axis and forcing an endpoint in December, but the goal line still stops at June.

• 1. Re: Running total as a goalline, problems with drawing to end of axis with no data
          Kent Sloan

Hi David,

You could add a reference line to the date axis to extend the view. In the image below I move the axis out to 2016 on a data set that ends in 2014. This could be done with a constant value that you would need to update eventually or it could be done with a calculation that automatically moves the line. The calculation below would return a date a year in the future from the most recent date in the data set.

Example Date Calc DATEADD('year',1,{MAX([Date])})

Thanks,

Kent