1 of 1 people found this helpful
The trick here is to create an Index calculation.
1. Create a calculated field (Analysis>Create Calculated Field)
2. Enter the Formula: INDEX()
3. Name the calculation
4. Add the calculation to the view, right-click on the pill and select discrete
5. Right-click on the pill and select Edit Table Calculation
6. Address and partition the view:
Thanks Nicholas! It worked for the visualization.
To follow-up, is there a way to make the partitions permanent so I don't have to change them every time I drag them in and out of the visualization? At some point I want to create calculations based off of this Index field.
Because the calculations are Table Calculations, they are dependent on the fields in the view. If the fields change then the table calculation will have to be recalculated. There is no way to 'fix' the index calculation in place for the effect that you are attempting to accomplish.
Another option is to add this info to your underlying data.
Hopefully this helps!