3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2016 6:15 PM by Bill Lyons

Showing 3 measures on the same axis

Jay Sridharan

Hi Guys,

I am trying to show 3 measures on the same axis, right next to each other, but I am unable to.

I tried following the instructions at : Blended Axes , but have had no luck

I have achieved this result :

But I can't figure out how to place them next to each other. I am pretty new to Tableau, so please help me out.

Attached is the workbook. It's in the sheet called "Breaching Variability"

Thanks for all the support

Jay

• 1. Re: Showing 3 measures on the same axis
          Bill Lyons

See Sheet 17 in the attached, which I believe is what you are looking for.

The reason your version would not work as described in the referenced article is that you had converted all of your measures to dimensions. I don't know your reason for doing that, but when I switched them back to measures, all that changed were the axis scales - making the bottom of two of the axes non-zero. If that is your reason for changing them to dimensions, I believe that reason becomes moot when you put all three measures on the same axis, because several of the measures are zero, the full axis range must include zero. Even if it didn't, and you wanted to have a non-zero based axis, you could do that by editing the axis and unchecking the "include zero" box.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

One other little thing you might consider is changing your display paradigm. While the above accomplishes the objective, having 3 bars for every dimension value (Team), takes 3 times as much space. You might consider using reference lines for min and max, for example. This would compress the same information into a smaller space.

• 2. Re: Showing 3 measures on the same axis
            Jay Sridharan

This worked great. Thank you so much!

• 3. Re: Showing 3 measures on the same axis
              Bill Lyons

Always happy to help!