2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 7:38 AM by Madhavi Khandavalli

MAKEDATE

Madhavi Khandavalli

I want this to be taken as a enhancement on the Product.

MAKEDATE function can be used in workbooks that have extracts.

I am using workbook with database connection to SQL server 2008.

MAKEDATE doesn't work with this and it is used for Dynamic date and so can't use Dateadd or datedif.

Let me know if there is any substitute for this.

Please vote for this and help me in getting this as a Product Enhancement in Future.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Madhavi

• 1. Re: MAKEDATE
          Bill Lyons

First, welcome to the Tableau Forums. We always appreciate new ideas to improve the product. However, they should be posted in the Ideas Forum, where it can be voted on. Ideas are a different post type, so we cannot move a Forum question there for you.

SQL Server has no directly equivalent function, which is why Tableau does not support that function on SQL Server. However, that same functionality can be accomplished with the DATE() function. You just have to build the string. For example:

DATE(STR([Month])+'/'+STR([Day])+'/'+STR([Year]))

You may also be interested in an upcoming webinar: Think Data Thursday: Dating Rody | Tableau Software. The whole session will be about date manipulation (thus the cutsy name).

I hope that helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: MAKEDATE
            Madhavi Khandavalli

Thank you very much Bill.I got it work with DATEADD.  Thanks & Regards

Madhavi

91-9886768721 madhavi_madhu@yahoo.com

To: Madhavi Khandavalli <madhavi_madhu@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, 14 March 2016 7:38 AM

Subject: Re:  - MAKEDATE

#yiv6581834726 * #yiv6581834726 a #yiv6581834726 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6581834726 #yiv6581834726 h1, #yiv6581834726 h2, #yiv6581834726 h3, #yiv6581834726 h4, #yiv6581834726 h5, #yiv6581834726 h6, #yiv6581834726 p, #yiv6581834726 hr {}#yiv6581834726 .yiv6581834726button td {}

|

Tableau Support Community 

|

MAKEDATE

reply from Bill Lyons in Forums - View the full discussionFirst, welcome to the Tableau Forums. We always appreciate new ideas to improve the product. However, they should be posted in the Ideas Forum, where it can be voted on. Ideas are a different post type, so we cannot move a Forum question there for you. SQL Server has no directly equivalent function, which is why Tableau does not support that function on SQL Server. However, that same functionality can be accomplished with the DATE() function. You just have to build the string. For example:     DATE(STR()'/'STR()'/'STR()) You may also be interested in an upcoming webinar: Think Data Thursday: Dating Rody | Tableau Software. The whole session will be about date manipulation (thus the cutsy name). I hope that helps.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Tableau Support Community

Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Support Community

Following MAKEDATE in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Tableau Support Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Tableau Support Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences   |

|