5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 3:02 PM by Michael Miller

Date Filter Missing Bottom Surrounding Line

philip.thornton

Relative date filters have a surrounding line. Sometimes the bottom of that line doesn't appear on a published dashboard, why is this? Anyone know how to eliminate the bottom line of the box from disappearing? I originally thought it was because I had other items covering it up and they were chopping the bottom line off. That isn't the case. I attached an example workbook that is as simple as it gets and no other objects are near it. I also attached a snapshot of what the published dashboard looks like so you can see the line that I am referring to.

Thanks in advance for any insight,

Philip

• 1. Re: Date Filter Missing Bottom Surrounding Line
          Shawn Wallwork

Philip I have experienced this same thing before. Unfortunately, when I publish your workbook to Public, it doesn't behave the same as your screenshot. Mine looks like this:

On sheet1 the behavior shows up:

It's been awhile, but I think putting it inside a container clears up the issue. Let me know if that works.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: Date Filter Missing Bottom Surrounding Line
            philip.thornton

I assume container meant a layout container. I tested in various size and full page containers and no change. I had been publishing just the dashboard (not the worksheet). With no additional changes, I just tested publishing both the worksheet and dashboard. The worksheet has the bottom line missing but the dashboard now is a complete box! What kind of Tableau voodoo is this?!?

Philip

• 3. Re: Date Filter Missing Bottom Surrounding Line
              Shawn Wallwork

Voodoo! Unfortunately Tableau is not yet a WYSIWYG software, at least when it comes to publishing to a Server. Glad you got it working in your browser (but not necessarily in your client's browser ), so mark your own post as correct.

Cheers,

--Shawn

• 4. Re: Date Filter Missing Bottom Surrounding Line
                philip.thornton

I don't see this as resolved quite yet. Publishing a worksheet with a dashboard to repair a cosmetic flaw isn't ideal. There has to be another reason why sometimes the bottom line is missing and sometimes it's there. I have other dashboards that have the full surrounding box while others (like the one we're testing on) does not. I'd like to leave this open to see if anyone else has a reason for the phenomenon.

Philip

• 5. Re: Date Filter Missing Bottom Surrounding Line
                  Michael Miller

So when I view the example .twbx in Tableau Desktop I have no missing bottom line. After playing with it a bit I found that the only way I could get the bottom line to disappear was to click on the date filer in the view so that it had a dark outline around it, then manually drag the size of the window up until it was touching the bottom of the box. Perhaps this is what happened?

Apart from that, perhaps try uninstalling and re-installing Tableau Desktop. It's a pretty painless process really.