3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2016 6:54 PM by Takaaki Koseki

Dashboard Nevigation

Umang Desai

Hello,

I need a help in figuring out Actions on Dashboard. I have a following senarion

On my Dashboard I have a worksheet which has two bars Profit/Loss. If I click on Profit then on the next worksheet besides it should show only the sales regions which are profitable.

From there If I click on any of the region then on the next worksheet underneath it should show all the sales reps related only to that profit region. then If I click on any of the sales rep then on the next workbook it should show all the customers belong to that Sales Rep.

Basically, I need to see this sequence Profit/Loss -->(Click) --> Sales Region -->(Click) --> All Sales Reps ( For the selected Sales Region only) -->(Click) --> Customers( For the Selected Sales Rep only)

If anybody can provide the sample dashboard for this scenario would be a huge help

Thank you

• 1. Re: Dashboard Nevigation
          Takaaki Koseki

Hi.

It's a little bit hard... But I'll try it.

For details, please see the attached workbook.

One of the point is creating action filters for each click actions as follows.

04.png

If you need more explanation, please reply!

Attached v.9.1.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: Dashboard Nevigation
            Umang Desai

Hello Takaaki,

Thank you for replying to my question.

I appreciate your help. Would it be possible for you to attach a full working worksheet so I can look at the whole sequence.

Thank you again for your time and efforts

Umang.

• 3. Re: Dashboard Nevigation
              Takaaki Koseki

The attached workbook already include all contents.

Which step is difficult?

1. Create [Profit / Loss] sheet with a calculated field [Profit / Loss] using a set [Profitable Region] for the filed [Sales Region].

step01.gif

2. Create [Sales Region] sheet as a filled map colored by sum of [Profit].

step02.gif

3. Create [Sales Reps] sheet as a list of [Sales Rep].

4. Create [Customers] sheet as a list of [Customer ID] and [Customer Name].

step03-04.gif

5. Create [Dashboard 1] and add 4 sheets.

step05.gif

6. Create 3 action filters for each click actions.

step06.gif

7. Select and deselect any values of each worksheet on dashboard in order to show only [Profit / Loss] sheet at first view.

step07.gif

- Takaaki.