3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 7:24 AM by james.redish

Action filter problems on dashboard

james.redish

Hello,

I created a dashboard with 12 worksheets. There were 9 action filters added that took the user to different dashboards when clicking on a bar on one of the worksheets on the dashboard. Everything was working fine until I added 2 navigational worksheets to the dashboard that had action filters that took the user back to two of the starting point dashboards. Then 2 of the action filters would not work. Clicking on the bar would show the spinning circle for a second and then do nothing. I thought I may have overloaded the dashboard, but now I am getting the same problem even after deleting the dashboard and every action filter in the workbook. If I create a dashboard with just 5 worksheets and set up the action filters, at least one of them will not work. I have tried recreating the dashboard multiple times. Each time it is different action filters that do not work so that seems to rule out there being something on the worksheets causing this. Sorry, I am unable to post the workbook due to company policy; however, if anyone has any ideas that I may be overlooking I would greatly appreciate it!

• 1. Re: Action filter problems on dashboard
          Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi James,

Can you recreate the same thing on the sample superstore data and publish it.

• 2. Re: Action filter problems on dashboard
            Tharashasank Davuluru

HI,

In Tableau Server 9.1 or higher, using a highlight action in a workbook published from Tableau Server 8.2 resulted in an error.

Fixed in 9.1.5

In Tableau Server, improperly URL encoded special characters caused certain URL actions to fail.

Fixed in 9.1.5

In Tableau Server, when you attempted to use certain filter actions, an internal error occurred.

Fixed in 9.1.6

In Tableau Server, when you clicked a menu action that linked to a filtered target sheet, an error sometimes occurred: "Tableau Server Error: unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference."

Fixed in 9.1.6

In Tableau Server, selecting a mark with a filter action configured to take you to another dashboard resulted in an error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined."

Fixed in 9.2.3

In Tableau Server, improperly URL encoded special characters caused certain URL actions to fail.

Fixed in 9.2.3

In Tableau Server 9.1 or higher, using a highlight action in a workbook published from Tableau Server 8.2 resulted in an error.

In Tableau Server, when you attempted to use certain filter actions, an internal error occurred.

Fixed in 9.2.4
            • 3. Re: Action filter problems on dashboard
              james.redish

Thank you Tharashasank for your offer to help. I have fixed the problem by clearing out all of the actions from the workbook again and recreating them. I am uncertain why this did not work the first time, but I am glad the issue is now fixed.