Hi TUG Leaders,
Bulgaria Tableau User Group (BGTUG) is a new group here. (We had our first meeting on 18th Feb 2016)
For our 2nd meeting in May I think to have a contest between Tableau Business Users and Students.
- Tableau Business Users - people who use Tableau at work
- Students - students from University of National and World Economy, Bulgaria. They follow TFT (Tableau for Teaching) program and learn how to use Tableau with exercises and team works.
This year is the 3rd year students start to use Tableau in Business Intelligence course, so it would be nice if we let graduated students from the first 2 years to participate (only if they don’t use Tableau at work).
(You can find out more here http://www.tableau.com/learn/webinars/how-university-national-and-world-economy-are-using-tableau-their-bi-course and here http://www.studybi.org)
We have enthusiasts for both of them about the contest!
However, I do hope that you can help me with finding the best way to execute all this!
I will be glad if you can recommend me/tell me your opinion about:
I) Choosing a winner - to vote (how?) or not
- Vizes to be uploaded to Tableau Public - that way the links could be shared/ tweeted and a lot of people could vote (we have groups in LinkedIn, fb and twitter)
- Second option is only BGTUG members/ attendees on the 2nd meeting to vote (And we will have immediate results.)
It is an option to publish the workbooks to some deadline (day before meeting #2). And then on meeting #2, attendees to vote after the short demos of workers/students.Some of BGTUG members answered to the question about choosing a winner that attendees must decide.
1.2 Is it better to be more as challenge than competition?
Users will feel more comfortable when sharing and presenting w/o voting, but voting could promote more participation.
II) Rounds - if you have organized viz competitions, what rounds did you have, if any?
III) Data for the Viz contest will be all survey data (w/o any personal info) we have. I created 4 surveys (and will translate them in English maybe other TUG Leaders will find them useful):
- Who are you? - short survey on the meeting day - to collect information about the users - when did they start using Tableau, why, which products and so on.
- BGTUG_M1_Follow up - members assessment of the first meeting
- BGTUG_MembersOpinion - what we want and how to achieve it
- Members - experience with Tableau (newbies, Intermediate, Advanced Level)
- Date, Time, Place, Duration
- Speakers, Volunteers and Leaders
- BGTUG MVP - Mission, Vision and Purposes
- Suggestions and Ideas
- BGTUG Meeting #2 (Date)
- Ask Students - to find out if there are enthusiasts for Tableau Business Users vs Students Viz Contest
Please, share your opinion and ideas about Tableau Business Users vs Students Contest!