6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 9:29 PM by Amanjot Klair

How to create a graph like below for this data?

Chandan Mishra

Required Graph:

2016-02-24_19-41-53.jpg

The data attached is datamatch.

In the 6th tab,  filter column 1 to the value 10. Column C shows how person 1 scored person 2, column E shows how person 2 scored person 1, Column F shows person 1 swipe action, column G shows person 2 swipe action, column H shows the duration between the two swipes (-00:00:01 if one or both has not yet swiped), and column I shows the status.

I want a graph similar to above for  Swipes, right swipes, matches, conversations. Then a similar graph showing their percentage change.

Then, I need to create a toggle between aggregate ( showing the total amount at each period) and Discreet (showing the amount for that time period. Also a toggle between total number (either aggregate or discreet) and per user number.

P.S - Please take a screen shot of each and every step to let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Chandan Mishra

• 1. Re: How to create a graph like below for this data?
          James Keuning

Sixth tab column 1? What is that? This smells like homework.

If someone posts a solution to this problem I am going to change my workflow.

• 2. Re: How to create a graph like below for this data?
            Amanjot Klair

Very well said James. Looks like homeowrk to me as well. Chandan Mishra this forum is to help not to provide finished work. We would like to help you in achieving but if you post issues that you are facing while building this graph but not build the dashboard for you and send it across.

-Amanjot

• 3. Re: How to create a graph like below for this data?
              Chandan Mishra

Hey James and Amanjot

I am sorry if this seemed to you as if I am using this forum as a tool to complete my homework. I attached all these data because I am not able to figure out how to create this kind of graph. This is not my homework rather this is a work which my boss where I am working as a business development intern right now has given me to complete. I am not a pro user of this software and hence asked for the steps if possible. If you still don't believe that, please check my LinkedIn profile. www.linkedin.com/in/chandanmishra17. I thought this forum is a medium to ask questions about Tableau if one doesn't know. I don't think I am wrong on my part. Sorry, if I troubled you guys.

Thanks

Chandan Mishra

• 4. Re: How to create a graph like below for this data?
                James Keuning

As I said, I don't understand what you mean by 6th tab. Perhaps you've changed the spreadsheet and there is only one worksheet now?

My initial impression is that you are giving the example of a chart with a running sum but your data does not have a time field.

Your best approach is to provide some example of how you want your actual data to actually look. Even a hand-drawn prototype can get this thing started.

• 5. Re: How to create a graph like below for this data?
                  Chandan Mishra

Hello James

Thanks for believing in me. Ok, So, I did some mistake. Because I can't share all the data so I cut the 6th tab from the original file and pasted it here. But sorry for that. So, in the original file, I have attached, filter column 1 to value 10. I want graph for only that data.

So, I have attached a link for the tableau file. The data is same as previously attached. The first sheet in Tableau is total swipes(all swipes excluding none), second is total right swipes( person 1 swiped - yes and person 2 swiped - yes) and the third sheet is matched status

(whether accepted or rejected). So, for these three sheets, I want a single graph like the one I attached which shows Total swipes like the orange, total right swipes as yellow and matched status is like green in the standard class category in the graph attached. It is like that because top one total swipes would be highest, right swipes would be less than total swipes and matches would be the least out of those three.

Link -  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoLNJYhxwsqV1ZPVnc2eExjbDQ

2016-02-24_19-41-53.jpg

Thanks

Chandan Mishra

• 6. Re: How to create a graph like below for this data?
                    Amanjot Klair

Chandan, I am afraid the requirement is still not clear to me . I can understand it as it happens with most of new users.

Can you make a mock-up in excel using your data and share that. Looking at your data is confusing things for me. I am sure this chart is possible but for your requirement your data might need some tweeking.

-Amanjot