3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 2:44 AM by harris.tsr

IF CONTAINS syntax

harris.tsr

Hi,

I want to isolate some attributes from a dimension using IF Contains statement. I don't know if this is the right way ot do it so please feel free to suggest any changes. I have a dimension called "Call Disposition Code Calculated", which includes a list of values. What I want is to create a new dimension which will incorporate only some selected values of the original dimension.

Here is the full list of the dimension

I want to create a dimension which will include only the "call back", "contanted" and "call in progress"

Could that be a case of IF statement such as:

IF CONTAINS ([CALL_DISPOSITION_CODE_CALCULATED], "CALL BACK" OR "CALL IN PROGRESS" OR "CONTACTED")

THEN FLAG

END

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: IF CONTAINS syntax
          Daniel Vincent

Why not duplicate the dimension, drag the copy out to the filter shelf, then select only those that you want to show, then drag out the original dimension, show that as your filter on your sheet and select only relevant values.

• 2. Re: IF CONTAINS syntax
            Maxime Kehon

Hello Harris,

You should try something like this:

IF CONTAINS ([CALL_DISPOSITION_CODE_CALCULATED],"CALL BACK")

OR CONTAINS([CALL_DISPOSITION_CODE_CALCULATED],"CALL IN PROGRESS")

OR CONTAINS([CALL_DISPOSITION_CODE_CALCULATED],"CONTACTED")

THEN FLAG

ELSE Null

END

If it doesn't work please attach a workbook .

Cheers,

Maxime

• 3. Re: IF CONTAINS syntax
              harris.tsr

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I have tried to duplicate the dimension, filter accordingly and place it separately in the columns shelf but it doesn't work. Actually it sits it one over the other on the same column and it doesn't separate the columns.

What you can see below is my effort to display the number of all the "null" maset reject reason, and the OPEN GRS disposition code and the contacted/call back/call in progress entries, but they all sit under one column...