2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2016 5:02 PM by Daniel Araya

Multiple Selections on Filter controlled by Action

Daniel Araya

I have a filter created by an action in a dashboard, where whenever I press a "keyword" from a list (sheet), it filters a different list (another sheet) by that keyword. This filter is set to be "Multiple Values" drop down, but whenever I click on another word from the keywords list (linked to action), the currently selected value get's deselected and the new selection becomes the only filter. I want them to be cumulative, and then create a reset button. Is there a way to do this? I would appreciate it a lot!

Thanks,

Daniel

• 1. Re: Multiple Selections on Filter controlled by Action
          Tableau kumar

I understood like you want to select multiple values on the sorce sheet.

If you want to select multiple values  in the Source sheet and to values get the filtrer on the target sheet, Select 1 value on Source sheet then use the Control (Crtl) button on the key board to select the second value.

EX:

1) Creat a view using [Region], [Sales] fields name and entitle the the view name as "Summary Report".

2) Create another view using [State], [Sales] fields on the view and entitle the the view name as "Detail Report".
          3) Create a Dashboard using the above two views ( "Summary Report",  "Detail Report").

4) Here define "Action" as  filter criteria  , "Select" criteria then click on "OK".

5) Go to Dashboard then select "Action" then Select  "Source Report" as source sheet, "Detail Sheet" as Target sheet.

6) Now select Region - Central on the "Summary Report", then Detail Report will show "Central" relatyed data on the view.

7) If you want to change the Selection crieteria on the Summary Report, Select new Values, If you want to select multiple values use the CNTRL button on the key board.

Best Regards

Kumar

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple Selections on Filter controlled by Action
            Daniel Araya

I had not thought of the control button to do this. Thanks very much for your help Kumar.