3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 7:29 AM by Tableau kumar

Parameter Issue

SambiReddy Chanimella

Hi All,

I got issue with parameter where iam trying to find 'sales' of Sub-category for Last >15days,>30days,>45days from today date. So i created a parameter for 15days,30days and 45days and i wrote calc like

if [Days] = "15 days" and DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Order Date])< 15 then "Show"

elseif [Days] = "30 days" and DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Order Date])< 30 then "Show"

ELSEIF  [Days] = "45 days" and DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Order Date])< 45 then "Show"

ELSE "Hide"

END

but above calc is not affecting view and i attached twbx file so can someone pls look into my issue and correct me where iam making erro

(twbx file is in 9.1version)

Thanks

• 1. Re: Parameter Issue
          Adam Crahen

Hi SambiReddy-

The start date (earlier date) comes first in the DATEDIFF calc. 

if [Days] = "15 days" and DATEDIFF('day',[Order Date], TODAY())< 15 then "Show"

elseif [Days] = "30 days" and DATEDIFF('day',[Order Date], TODAY())< 30 then "Show"

ELSEIF  [Days] = "45 days" and DATEDIFF('day',[Order Date], TODAY())< 45 then "Show"

ELSE "Hide"

END

However, the superstore sample you have worked up won't return any results because the order dates are so much earlier than today.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Parameter Issue
            Shinichiro Murakami

I guess you need this formula.

[Time Filter (copy)]

if DATEDIFF('day',[Order Date],[Date Select])< int(left(str([Days]),2))

and [Date Select]>=[Order Date] then "Show"

ELSE "Hide"

END

I used [Date select ] instead of [today()], because there are no available [date]s when I use today().

<<<Current>>>

if [Days] = "15 days" and DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Order Date])< 15 then "Show"

elseif [Days] = "30 days" and DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Order Date])< 30 then "Show"

ELSEIF  [Days] = "45 days" and DATEDIFF('day',TODAY(),[Order Date])< 45 then "Show"

ELSE "Hide"

END

Thanks,

Shin

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Parameter Issue
              Tableau kumar

Datedifference function deduct from second date to first date.

Datedifference('month',(order date),today()) deducts like today()-(order date)