3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 8:31 AM by patrick.byrne.0

While connecting to WC I am getting the error.

Kuhu Dubey

I have created a WDC and while using it through tableau I am getting the below error. Any pointers to rectify this error.

• 1. Re: While connecting to WC I am getting the error.
          patrick.byrne.0

Kuhu,

I have been trying to research the error message and have not had much luck with pinpointing the problem. With some additional information I might be able to assist with clearing the issue.

+ What are the steps that you take to lead up to this error message?

+ What type of data source is the extract being ran from?(Live connection? or is this already a published data source or extract?

+ Is this the extract that is attempting to be created in excess of 10,000 rows? or 100,000? or 1 million?

Please let me know answers to any of these questions or if this issue is no longer prevalent.

Cheers ,

Patrick

• 2. Re: While connecting to WC I am getting the error.
            Kuhu Dubey

Hi Patrick,

The above issue still persist.

I am getting the above error while using a WDC to connect to a csv file that is being generated from a vendor tool. Amount of data is not much. The csv that is being generated consists of few hundred records.

Please let me know in case you require any further information on this.

Regards,

Kuhu

• 3. Re: While connecting to WC I am getting the error.
              patrick.byrne.0

Kuhu,

Have you tried using Tableau Desktop native connector for flat files? It generally can connect to .csv files without any problem. Below is a link to the product help on connecting to text files that could be beneficial to review if you have not connected to a flat file.

Connecting To - Text File

http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/online/windows/en-us/help.html#examples_text.html

I believe the above information will resolve this issue. If the information provided does not resolve the issue, please let me know by responding with the additional information requested below and a few details regarding why the solution above did not resolve the issue.

+ Is the csv file hosted on the vendors website or in the vendor tool?

+ If that is the case can you export the csv to the local machine, then connect to it to via Tableau Desktop.

Let me know if any additional questions arise or if you are unable to connect to the csv.

Cheers,

Patrick