0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2016 2:27 PM by Russell Spangler

Cincinnati Tableau User Group Event #8 (Mapping)

Russell Spangler

Cincinnati Tableau User Group Event #8 Tickets, Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:30 PM | Eventbrite

Please join us for the Cincinnati Tableau User Group Meeting #8 on Wednesday February 24th hosted by University of Cincinnati Center for Business Analytics.

5:30pm Introduction
      5:45pm Presentations

• Spatial data preparation using R
      • Mapbox integration
      • Dual axis maps
      • Custom polygons
      • + Other map related topic

7:30pm Q&A and Closing Comments

Agenda Details:

The event will be focusing on the topics of spatial data, geography & geographical analysis, cartography and custom mapping.  We will have brief presentations on how to use different resources for spatial data, how to process different types of data, and tips & tricks on how to produce visualizations for map related data in Tableau.

Some of the topics are listed above in the schedule, but if you have additional topics or material you would like to share with the group, please contact me as I would like to include it into the agenda for the event.

The closest parking garage is located on Calhoun street after the Shell gas station and has signage for “USquare East Garage”.  http://usquareattheloop.com/parking

If you exit the garage via the Calhoun street exit and turn left, a few doors down is 225 Calhoun street.  The entry is across from Curritos burritos and should have a printed sign for “Tableau User Group” posted on the door.  Take the elevator to the third floor, room 359.

The signup page will close on Monday February 22nd at Midnight.  You do not need to bring tickets but space is limited so please signup or contact me if the signup page has been closed.

If anyone would like to meetup afterwards, we can head to Brass Tap which is a ½ block away from the Center for Business Analytics and is a really good beer bar.  http://brasstapbeerbar.com/cincinnati