4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2016 9:07 AM by Cosimo Mercuro

Show a field on the Dashboard  Title only

Cosimo Mercuro

Hi!

I'd like to show on the Dashboard Title the "Date" value, but not on the sheet Layout (on wich I'd like to show only "Titolo", "Current Price" and "Current Value".

2016-02-03_173456.jpg

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Show a field on the Dashboard  Title only
          Nathan Panuco

Hi Cosimo!

I have a solution that is more of a workaround. Since the titles can reference only the fields on the dashboard, you need the date in the Viz in order for you to reference it. However, if you put the Date field on the tooltip shelf in the worksheet, you can then reference the field in the title of the dashboard. I've made those changes to the attached workbook - take a look and see if it makes sense.

Thanks and hope that helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Show a field on the Dashboard  Title only
            Cosimo Mercuro

Hi Nathan.

Great job !

It works fine.

Another question:

how may I change Date format (i.e. instead 3 feb I'd like 03/02/2016) ?

• 3. Re: Show a field on the Dashboard  Title only
              Nathan Panuco

Hi Cosimo!

That field is currently set as a String in your Data Source. Go to the Data Connection Window and find that field and click on the ABC above it and change it to DATE. Capture.PNG

However, this breaks part of the last workaround. I was able to get something similar by expanding the date field to show Year, Month and Day in the worksheet and then changing the title of the dashboard to use the terms: <MONTH(Date)> <DAY(Date)>, <YEAR(Date)>

You can probably play around with the formatting to get it to display what you want.

Hope this gets you on the right path!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Show a field on the Dashboard  Title only
                Cosimo Mercuro

Hi Nathan !

A little upgrade on this issue.

As I saw, your workaround works right if all dates are the same.

But if in the Data column there is even one value different from others like this :

2016-03-15_170032.jpg

In the dashboard title isn't showed any date (i.e the first (05 Feb) or the last (12 mar) but this:

2016-03-15_170225.jpg

"All" is showed even if I choose in the Tooltip shelf the min or max value of Date.

You can see the issue in the attached workbook.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance