1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 9:38 AM by Nathan Panuco

Background image in embedded viz is sometimes blank

Jacob Vann

We recently went live with a website that contains some embedded visualizations hosted on our tableau server.  We are using the trusted authentication method to make these visualizations visible without authentication.  Tableau Server version is 9.2.0 and the client version used to create this visualization is 9.2.1 (but this issue was happening even in 9.1).

One of the visualizations uses a custom background image for a map background,and it renders inconsistently when embedded.  Sometimes the background image is there, sometimes it shows up blank like this:

This is what it is supposed to look like:

The behavior is not consistent.  I have tried on a Windows machine, a Mac, with IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and all have both worked and not worked at various times.  Sometimes a clear-cache and refresh fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.  However, it *always* works when viewed in Tableau Desktop.

Here is the iframe code:

<iframe frameborder="0" src="https://tableau.admin.uillinois.edu:7443/tableau/tableauservlet.do?dst=views/Economic_Development_Startups/IL_Startup_Map&:embed=yes&:toolbar=no&:render=false&:tabs=no" scrolling="no"></iframe>

I have tried :render=true and :render=false, and it didn't make a difference.  Here is how the image is set up in Tableau desktop:

I am extremely baffled and am hoping someone has seen similar behavior and knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

-Jacob