1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2016 2:12 PM by Kent Sloan

Bar line with number of records line break inside

philip.thornton

I am measuring total time worked by job by employee.

Right now I have this information:

Leia did 1 job in 5 hours

Han did 3 jobs in 6 hours

Luke did 4 jobs in 10 hours

Obi did 4 jobs in 7 hours

I want to know if any one job took an employee a long time or were they consistent with their time. Did Luke spend exactly 2.5 hrs per job or did he do 3 jobs in 3 hours then the last job took him 7 hours to complete?

The numbers I have are total time worked by employee and count of jobs worked by employee (the exact dates worked are irrelevant (so shuffling around the numbers isn't an issue)).

I've attached a basic view of what I'm looking for.

Ideally the quickest turn around on a job is marked first, then the 2nd longest and so on. So the last break would always be their longest job worked. Also would be nice if the color slightly changed based on how long it took them to work that job, however this isn't a must.

Any help is appreciated.

Philip

• 1. Re: Bar line with number of records line break inside
          Kent Sloan

Hi Philip,

First you need to have data at the job level to be able to break up the employees time. Luke 4 jobs 10 hours does not provide enough information to know how to break the 10 hours into 4 pieces. In the attached workbook I have created the view you are looking for by first setting up the data. For the chart employee to rows, hours to columns, job id to detail (this creates the separate boxes), hours to color to shade the boxes, and then I added a reference line set to show just the value to provide employee totals.

Thanks,

Kent

Data

Chart