Hi Lakshmi. Unfortunately not. VizAlerts currently only works with Tableau Server.
I would love to find a way to make it work for Tableau Online, but there are several impediments:
- No way to obtain CSV data for an Online view while impersonating a particular non-admin User.
- Custom Schedules cannot be created.
- No access to PostgreSQL repository data. From this VizAlerts is obtaining:
- Who subscribed to what view
- What schedule they subscribed on
- What the subscriber's email address is
- Who owns the view they subscribed to
- The full path to the view (customized or standard)
- Project / Site for the view
- Authentication for the user (we can trust that the user who subscribed is really the right user if the database says it is)
Working around these difficulties would require building a separate interface for users to subscribe to an alert view, and likely a separate authentication mechanism to ensure they are who they say they are and have permissions to subscribe to said view. Or, it'd have to be an alert list defined by the site administrator(s), which takes the self-service completely out of it and would be missing a major reason VizAlerts was built to begin with!
Here's an Idea that you can upvote that would at least get us partly the way there (and would be great anyway): Grant ability to build custom admin views for Tableau Online
In terms of other solutions, there is Push Intelligence for Tableau - Metric Insights, whose website does state that it will work for Tableau Online.
Thank you Matt for your quick response to my inquiry. I voted for the feature. During my research I found Metrics Insights as well but need to explore further. Thanks again for your help.
I have the same request and went into Metric Insights, but they serve only 100 or more users company...guess if that were the case I would use Tableau Server instead