1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2015 6:37 AM by Martin Seifert

Can't find the web data connector logs

Chloé MARTET

Hello !

I've developped a web data connector. It works fine in the simulator but not in Tableau.

I would like to see the console.log and Tableau.log I put in my code to debug it, so I watched the following: Debugging Tips & Tricks - YouTube.

This video is great. Unfortunatelly, I can't find the logs in my computer. There is no log files in the folder "C:\Users\<me>\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Logs".

Is there some settings to modify in Tableau to enable these logs ?

Thanks in advance !

• 1. Re: Can't find the web data connector logs
          Martin Seifert

Hey Chloe!

The console.log can be accessed in your browser. In chrome (I like chrome for the easy access log!) the shortcut is CRTL + SHIFT + J, in Firefow I'd recommend to use the Firebug extension.

The Tableau logs should be in this folder. Did you ever change the language of you Tableau Desktop? This might confuse a few things and you might have a second Tableau repository in you Dosuments folder. Try using the search funcion of your system and find "log.txt" somewhere on your harddrive

Also, just as a hint (because I recently had a similar issue: running connector in the simulator, but not in Tableau), have a look here after you found your logs: https://community.tableau.com/thread/195843

Best, Martin