4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 2:31 PM by Shawn Wallwork

Ideas: Views & Votes

Shawn Wallwork

I always find it curious how an idea like Autosave is viewed 11,927 times and ends up with only 378 votes. Curious.

• 1. Re: Ideas: Views & Votes
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Shawn Wallwork -

Thanks for pointing that out as it made me wonder what a "View" is too. 

I tested this one and here is what I found.  Any logged in user going to the page counts as a "View" to Jive.  So if I go to that page and refresh 5 times and I am logged in, then this counts for 5 views. 

I also tested without logging in, using incognito mode in Chrome, and that doesn't count as a "View". 

Patrick

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Ideas: Views & Votes
            Shawn Wallwork

Thanks, Patrick.

--Shawn

• 3. Re: Ideas: Views & Votes
              Toby Erkson

Shawn Wallwork wrote:

I always find it curious how an idea like Autosave is viewed 11,927 times and ends up with only 378 votes. Curious.

That's because I create bogus accounts, go to your Ideas, and vote them down

(just kidding)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Ideas: Views & Votes
                Shawn Wallwork

Toby, funny. And yes that accounts for the 3 down votes -- you devil you!

Maybe I should take heart, and assume that these silent viewers are all Tableau Employees/Developers checking to make sure this Idea is still 'active' and needs to be 'RELEASED' ASAP!

Or maybe we should just start an ad campaign: If you view, VOTE!

Seriously, I do not honestly understand the behavior of browsing to an idea, and not having an opinion one way or the other. Why browse the Idea in the first place? Can it really be that many 'bad' Google searches that are causing so many views?

--Shawn