3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2015 10:58 AM by Timothy Vermeiren

Could anyone convert this to 9.0 instead of it being 9.1

jim.bradley.0

Hey guys!

Could anyone real quick help me convert this main file to open up in 9.0 instead of 9.1. We are having issues right now and cant publish to 9.1 for some reason. Also in the finished file, would anyone be able to quickly let me know how the filters are working? I tried an tried but couldn't get my data to function like this when I tried to build something close to this in 9.0. I tried making the hierarchy and everything.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Could anyone convert this to 9.0 instead of it being 9.1
          Timothy Vermeiren

Hi Jim,

Attached is a version that you should be able to open with Tableau 9.0. The trick is to open the .twb file using a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++. In there, you can search for the string version="9.1" and replace it with version="9.0". This will enable you to open the workbook in a previous version.

Be careful though! Always make a copy of a workbook before attempting this, as you could easily end up with a corrupted file. Additionally, this will not work if you are using specific features that are available in the newer version in that workbook.

Moreover, know that you can "access" the .twb file of a Packaged (.twbx) file simply by renaming the .twbx file to a .zip and opening it. After modifying the file, you can change the extension back to .twbx and you'll have a Packaged workbook again.

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Could anyone convert this to 9.0 instead of it being 9.1
            jim.bradley.0

Hey Timothy!

Thanks for the help but I tried this and it says errors occurred while trying to load the workbook and when the book loads everything is gone. If you look at details it still says there is a new version of Tableau so this isnt working.

• 3. Re: Could anyone convert this to 9.0 instead of it being 9.1
              Timothy Vermeiren

Hi Jim,

That's strange... I am able to open the workbook using version 9.0. Are you sure you are using the same version? Here's an alternative: I attached a version that I am even able to open using Tableau 8.3. Any luck with that?

If not, could you post a screenshot of the error, and if possible, Tableau's logs? You can find those under your user folder > Documents > My Tableau Repository > log.txt and tabprotosrv.txt.

Timothy