3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2016 11:32 AM by Jon Barrows

Issue with Tableau 9.0 - DataSourceException: No Such Column - Need urgent Help

Syed Khadir Ahmed

Hi,

I am working on Tableau 9.0 Server/Desktop, We have multiple sites Development/UAT/ Production.

I have prepared a Dashboard using the Development TDE which is on Server and the exact TDE is also in UAT environment (with all the columns). I have published the dashboard on Development Site and its working good.

But the problem start when I change the Site and Publish it to Production I am facing below error. Please advise.unknown.png

• 1. Re: Issue with Tableau 9.0 - DataSourceException: No Such Column - Need urgent Help
          Ivan Monnier

Hi,

I had the same kind of problem on a large extract and the error was also pointing to a calculated dimension. I had submitted a case at that time, but we could not find the root cause.

I had the error with incremental refresh, not full.

When I got the error, I had to delete the datasource, and republish it again (which was very long).

Here is what I did, I don't know if it is efficient, but I do not have the problem:

• As a precaution, I run an optimisation after creating the extract (only when I create the extract, which is after every modification of the datasource), since I read that it "materialises" the calculated dimensions.
          • I only run full updates (at night), no longer incremental

I hope this will help a little.

Best regards

Ivan

• 3. Re: Issue with Tableau 9.0 - DataSourceException: No Such Column - Need urgent Help
            Jon Barrows

I'm experiencing a similar problem with a dashboard that I've published to Tableau Server. I'm working with version 9.2.11 of Tableau desktop. I am not using an extract for this particular dashboard, and my data source is a excel file.

When I get an error, it is similar to what was described about about half the time (with the option to 'reset view'); the other half of the time, I just get an error message.

In both cases, if I either click "yes" a couple times to reset the view, or just refresh the browser a few times, it eventually starts to work (at least for a little while). However, this is incredibly frustrating.

Things I've already tried (but which had no effect):

1) Removing context filters

2) re-publishing workbook

Any other thoughts out there?