Business Intelligence Analyst / Manager
KingStar Ventures - Austin, TX
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
KingStar Ventures, founded in 2009, is a highly successful start-up with headquarters in Austin, TX. We build upon industry leading customer acquisitions and product sales across multiple industries including: Automotive, insurance and lending. KingStar Ventures portfolio of companies achieves competitive advantage through superior metrics-based decision making, operational excellence, innovation and energetic corporate cultures.
The individual we are looking for to fill this role will be responsible for leveraging Tableau for the creation, enhancement and maintenance of high impact KPI dashboards as well as gathering business requirements to enhance the data warehouse to support our expanding need for deeper insights into the business.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Work with key functional stakeholders to produce, enhance and maintain high impact KPI dashboards by leveraging our Tableau visualization tool
• Work with key functional stakeholders to define data source and reporting requirements to support ad-hoc or ongoing analysis
• Gather business requirements and translate into technical requirements that support the extension and modification of our data warehouse to support increasing insight into our business operations.
• Serve as the organization’s subject matter expert on the use of Tableau
• Work with data warehouse team to ensure that new data sources are QA’d
• Coordinate the timely resolution of any reported inconsistencies in dashboards, reports and data sources.
• Train KSV team on the use of new dashboards and data sources as well as the use of Tableau
• Develop and maintain documentation on the definition of company wide metrics, dates and segments as well as data refresh schedules and processes.
• Work with development team to ensure timely completion of business intelligence projects that meet business objectives
• Perform ad-hoc analyses to support business needs as required
• Support business by fulfilling other roles as assigned from time to time
• 5+ years of BI / Data Warehouse or Business Analytics experience including QA of data related deliverables
• Strong knowledge and prior use of Tableau Data Visualization Software
• Working knowledge of MySql, SQL or other database query languages
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other related field
• Data driven and goal oriented
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Enjoys a fast-growing and fun start-up culture where you can be stretched and challenged oft