1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2015 1:09 AM by Dan Huff

SQL Server Analysis 2012 ( SSAS)  and tableau 9.0 error when opening published workbook

Rannjith Ja

Tableau Desktop did not have any problem when we connected the server and built the dashboard, however when we published the dashboard to server i am getting following  error. Not sure how to fix the same.

"An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

TableauException: Analysis Services database error 0x80004005: The following system error occurred: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

2015-11-09 20:02:15.016 (VkD7nAoFUWcAAAmUKU4AAAPm,1,1)"

Please help.

• 1. Re: SQL Server Analysis 2012 ( SSAS)  and tableau 9.0 error when opening published workbook
          Dan Huff

It looks like you Tableau Server machine is having issues actually establishing a connection. I would first ensure that the SSAS drivers are installed on the machine hosting Tableau Server. If they are, I would then install Tableau Desktop on this same machine and see if it can open the workbook you were trying to publish. If the same error is thrown in Tableau Desktop from the machine hosting Tableau Server, this points to a network issue between Tableau Server and your database.

If Tableau Desktop on the machine hosting Tableau Server works just fine, please do contact our support team at support@tableau.com

Dan Huff