1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 12:13 PM by Tyler Garrett Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Anybody want more keyboard shortcuts? Here is an AHK script
        Tyler Garrett

Lastly, cant say it enough.. when you start using this for the first time, your keystrokes need to be LOWERCASE. Otherwise it takes this as a short cut. Again just keep it lowercase until it applies, keep it simple. Calling this out because it will RUN successfully until you catch it.

Example

APP terms:

^+c=^C

Keyboard terms:

alt+shift+c=alt+shift+c

---Note: !A produces a different effect in some programs than !a. This is because !A presses ALT+SHIFT+A and !a presses ALT+a. If in doubt, use lowercase.

*sauce

Paste from AHK help file.

3 - Sending key strokes

So now you decided that you want to send (type) keys to a program. We can do that. Use the Send command. Send literally sends keystrokes, to simulate typing or pressing of keys.

Before we get into things, here are some common issues that people have:
        Just like Hotkeys, Send has special keys too. Lots and lots of them.
        Here are the 4 most common symbols:

!: Sends the ALT key. For example, Send This is text!a would send the keys "This is text" and then press ALT+a. Note: !A produces a different effect in some programs than !a. This is because !A presses ALT+SHIFT+A and !a presses ALT+a. If in doubt, use lowercase.

+: Sends the SHIFT key. For example, Send +abC would send the text "AbC", and Send !+a would press ALT+SHIFT+a.

^: Sends the CONTROL (Ctrl) key. For example, Send ^!a would press CTRL+ALT+a, and Send ^{Home} would send CONTROL+HOME. Note: ^A produces a different effect in some programs than ^a. This is because ^A presses CONTROL+SHIFT+A and ^a presses CONTROL+a. If in doubt, use lowercase.

#: Sends the WIN key (the key with the Windows logo) therefore Send #e would hold down the Windows key and then press the letter "e".

The next couple of paragraphs are talking about the table on send page.

EDIT:::

Okay, sorry. Just have to give a wrap up to the rabbit hole.
        Clicking the okay button can be done using a pixel search function...

; using a giant wide monitor, so cooresponding -405, -100, 2139, 936, would be the entire screen for pretty much everyone! Lower it if the Green button aka "0x33CC99" happens to be anywhere else on the screen, it may need the coordinates decreased remove that problem.

Loop

{

CoordMode, Pixel, Window

PixelSearch, FoundX, FoundY, -405, -100, 2139, 936, 0x33CC99, 0, Fast RGB

If ErrorLevel = 0

Click, %FoundX%, %FoundY% Left, 1

}

Until ErrorLevel = 0

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • 16. Re: Anybody want more keyboard shortcuts? Here is an AHK script
          Stuart Krupnik

Why can't we just get the ability to add shortcuts like most other programs offer?  I added an idea:

https://community.tableau.com/ideas/7392

• 17. Re: Anybody want more keyboard shortcuts? Here is an AHK script
            Tyler Garrett

Started using Keyboard Maestro. It's a lot easier than AHK code. Pulover Macro Creator helped me with AHK but it's all a bit too 'open source' for my taste. Keyboard Maestro, on the other hand, has helped me generate a ton of wild stuff.

Here's how a quick example, this took very little time to build in keyboard maestro, no crashing, no problems, just need a Mac.

This is a screenshot of a simple macro I made in a few minutes. It does about 20seconds of manual clicking and I was able to loop it 95 times+ without breaking.

full-get-url-automater-script-in-keyboard-maestro..png if you want to see where this rabbit hole leads - Bulk Automate URL Coordinates - Dev3lop

And everything is free (keyboard maestro doesn't offer affiliate programs, just offering an easy tool for macroing that imo beats AHK) - keyboard maestro clicks in a payment after a long trial period. You get to use it for X amount of hours, it seemed like I used it for months before I needed to buy it.

I don't do any automation in AHK after discovering this. It's one of those - "I wish someone had shown me that" products. Great solution for fast ad-hoc macroing.

Hope this helps, especially if anyone is using the AHK content suggested years ago, this here is my lightsaber of helpers.

Hope this helps people getting this nerdy and needing that extra helper.

I use this product to automate hundreds of tasks.

Take care!
            Tyler
            dev3lop.com

• 18. Re: Anybody want more keyboard shortcuts? Here is an AHK script
              Tyler Garrett

100% agree, keyboard maestro rocks.

1 2 Previous Next