Our company, MSC, a fully owned subsidiary of Valid USA, is looking for a full-time Retail Business Analyst/Tableau Report Developer in our Woodland Hills, CA location! This is a full-time position with full benefits, and it requires working on site in the office. Job description is shown below. If interested, please apply on our web site using this link shown below:
Valid USA is a secure, make-it-happen partner. We are a global company with a market capitalization of more than $1 billion and 6,000 associates worldwide. Our job is to ensure every solution is seamless and secure - whether it’s for big data, payment cards, government issued identification, mobile financial services or highly targeted direct marketing campaign management. Our website is www.validusa.com.
We are looking for a Retail Business Analyst / Tableau Report Developer in our Woodland Hills, CA location. The ideal candidate will be an expert in retail data analysis. This includes significant experience working with sales data, marketing data, and multi-channel campaigns. This role will work directly with our clients to understand their marketing objectives and deliver meaningful reporting and insights. Our clients use these insights to answer business questions and help drive future success.
What will you do?
- Create reports and ongoing analysis of retail marketing data using Tableau.
- Work with clients and fellow associates to design and develop meaningful reports using Tableau.
- Design and develop new dashboards, new reports and new workbooks that deliver meaningful, effective results or information.
- Implement client-designed dashboards, reports and workbooks.
- Use workflow automation tools in order to automate report creation and updating.
- Perform ad-hoc SQL queries to answer questions from clients or fellow associates.
- Oversee performance tuning and query optimization for enhanced user experience when creating complex or large queries.
- Support our clients’ use of our database solutions and reporting systems. Provide technical interface and handle customer issues as they relate to special requests and marketing campaigns. Help communicate to customers the implications of the decisions they are making.
- Work with clients and other programmers to determine end user needs. Determine operational objectives by studying business functions and gathering information.
- Participate in the conceptual and design phases of new marketing programs by analyzing requirements; document the design and technology approach, construct workflow charts and diagrams; and support other technical staff as needed in the on-going evolution of the client’s solution. Validate and verify processes and procedures are running correctly.
- Help form future marketing decisions by analyzing campaign and customer data.
- Create presentations for our clients with insights gained from analysis.
- Leverage internal and external customer information to understand customer behaviors and form or refine customer strategy.
- Review test and control strategies to measure impact of targeting strategies by using analytical tools such as Tableau or others as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant experience in direct marketing, or other measured marketing disciplines. This candidate will have technical knowledge of and experience with marketing databases, and experience with business intelligence and/or analytic tools — tools that create insights that shape his/her approach to problem solving.
- Extensive knowledge of Tableau is required. Excellent report and visualization creation skills required.
- Microstrategy and/or other Business Intelligence tool experience a plus.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft SQL, with at least 5 years of solid professional working experience in data warehousing concepts. Some software development experience is desired. The candidate should have experience working with large marketing databases in a rapidly changing environment.
- Retail and/or direct marketing experience desired.
- Statistics, modeling, and analytics also a huge plus, including knowledge of R or related statistical tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Position is located on-site at Woodland Hills, CA. This is not a remote or work-from-home position; candidates must be willing to work in our Woodland Hills, CA office.
What we offer:
- Benefits include competitive pay, health, vision, dental and life insurance, 401(k), on the job training and much more.