1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 12:10 PM by Bora Beran

Why isn't regexp_extract function available in my version 9 workbook?

Todd Hogarth

Version 9 (Desktop and Server)

I have a workbook which presently utilizes several data extracts for its data sources (tde). I want to replace those with tds files. The tds files are version 9.

There are several calculated fields which utilize the REGEXP_EXTRACT function.

1. If I open a tds file directly by double-clicking, the calculated fields are visible and valid.
      2. If I open the workbook which has extracts for the data sources, the calculated fields are visible and valid. I read on the forums though that when creating extracts, the regexp functions are materialized. However, I am still able to create new calculated fields which utilize regexp functions.
      3. If I try to add the data sources from #1 to the #2 workbook, the regexp functions for the tds data sources are no longer available. What gives?
        • 1. Re: Why isn't regexp_extract function available in my version 9 workbook?
          Bora Beran

I can't seem to reproduce this. I tried the following

Create the TDS based on an extract

Then

Add it to a new workbook as a new data source

Add it to a new workbook as a data source through another workbook that had the TDS in it.

In 9.0 both cases still offered the regex options in the calculation editor and the fields I had generated earlier and saved in the data source also worked.

Can you check if TDS is using extract vs the base connection? (is Use Extract option checked)

1 of 1 people found this helpful