3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 3:16 AM by Nasrin Ahmed

move x-axis to fall somewhere other than 0

Camille von Eberstein

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the x-axis so that the "0" point occurs at another number, like 2? I want values below 2 to be shown in red, and above 2 to be shown in black. 

Thanks!

• 1. Re: move x-axis to fall somewhere other than 0
          Chris McClellan

I think you mean the Y-axis, but if you want everything less than 2 to be in red I would create a simple calculation to do that and place on the Colors card.

Something like:

if sum([Data]) < 2 then "red" else "black" end

and then change the colours to match red & black.

If this doesn't answer your question can you please supply some more detail or some example data ?

• 2. Re: move x-axis to fall somewhere other than 0
            Camille von Eberstein

That didn't produce the desired results, but it taught me something new!

Based on your suggestion, I created this calculated field:

IF (AVG([Duration hrs/wk (Adj)])<2) THEN "red" ELSE "black" END

When I place the calculation on the Colors card, it tells me "The calculation can't be applied to a user-defined aggregate."

My goal is to visually distinguish between average values that are below 2.5 and those above 2.5. I think I may need to use a reference line instead...

Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: move x-axis to fall somewhere other than 0
              Nasrin Ahmed

Remove the calculated field and drag it again in the view.

Does this help?

quoting joe mako

If you are editing a calc field that is already on a shelf, and you get that error, you will have to remove it from the shelf and place it again. What the error is saying is you can not perform an aggregate on an aggregate, so the text on the green 'pill' will change from "SUM" to "AGG" - meaning the aggregation is performed inside of the calculated field.