3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 9:56 AM by Matt Coles

Data Source on Multiple Refresh Schedules

Nick Hermez

Hello,

I'd like to have a data source in Server refresh once a week, say Saturday, and on the last day of the month.  Is this possible in Tableau Server?

Thank you,

Nick

• 1. Re: Data Source on Multiple Refresh Schedules
          Shawn Wallwork

I'm fairly sure the 'out-of-the-box' answer is: No. But I've moved this over to the Server Admin forum as there maybe a workaround.

--Shawn

EDIT: Should have just moved it.

• 2. Re: Data Source on Multiple Refresh Schedules
            Damien Lesage

Hello,

This is possible.

With Tableau Desktop, you can only define one schedule (well, 1 full and 1 incremental). However, you can add another schedule with Tableau Server directly.

In Tableau Server 9.0, this can be done in the menu "Refresh Schedule" when you access your data source.

Damien.

EDIT: I think you need site administrator rights to do that.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Data Source on Multiple Refresh Schedules
              Matt Coles

The server admin will need to set up the schedules you want, if they don't already exist, but if they're already there, you can schedule your extracts to run on multiple schedules via the Tableau Server interface. Only thing to caution on is that if your schedules overlap, one of the attempts to refresh the extract will fail. Happens a lot if you increment often, then do a full refresh during an overlapping time period. So just be aware of that.

1 of 1 people found this helpful