2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 5:02 PM by Elle Morel

After assigning permissions to access workbooks...

Elle Morel

After assigning permissions to let users access certain workbooks..., why those workbooks still are not listed under the users (users still don't see the workbooks), which is very odd? Can anyone provide some possibilities, inputs and expertise? Many thx in advance!!

• 1. Re: After assigning permissions to access workbooks...
          Kris Erickson

Elle,

Are you using projects?  A user could have access to a view in a workbook directly from a link.  And a user could also have access to see the project, but not see the workbooks in the project.  What I would do is fix the rights on the project by pressing "Assign Permissions to Contents" and have all workbooks in the project inherit the same rights the project has.  Warning, this is non-reversible.

Server_Proj_Assign_perms.PNG

What server version are you on?  This screenshot is from version 9.0.

• 2. Re: After assigning permissions to access workbooks...
            Elle Morel

Hi Kris,

Thanks a bunch!!  I tried to assign permissions to contents for the folder/project that I would like users to be able to access. Also, I assigned permissions at the workbook level. None of the above actions resulted in showing any workbook under those users, so the users still are unable to see any workbooks --- which is very strange. The version is 8.1.6. Pls advise. Thx a lot!!