1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2017 11:33 PM by SWAPNIL JADHAV

Slow Connecting to Data Source

Lukasz Mastalerz

Hi

I'm trying to connect live to Oracle from dashboard published to Tableau Server.

I've posted live Oracle connection to Tableau Server then pointed my dashboard to this published connection and published dashboard to Tableau Server.

I noticed initial load of the dashboard is very slow (up to 10 seconds). Once dashboard gets loaded it's relatively fast.

When I'm closing and reopening the dashboard again initial load is fast (2/3 sec).

After some time initial load goes back to 10-sec range.

Performance recorder for slow dashboard loads shows "Connecting to Data Source" event taking 7-8 seconds

connecting-to-data-source.png

I did database level tracing and I see some statements trying to create temporary tables, but these statements are all sub-second - nothing close to 7/8 seconds.

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE "#Tsid:18310625_1_Connect" ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS AS

SELECT *

FROM (SELECT *

FROM (SELECT COUNT(*) AS COL FROM DUAL) CHECKTEMP)

WHERE ROWNUM <= 1

Total time of all database queries is below 0.5 sec, so the issue seems to be on Tableau Server side.

Is there anything I can do about slow "Connecting to Data Source" event?

Tableau Server 9.0.5

Oracle 11.2.0.3

IE 9

Thanks,

Lukasz

1 2 Previous Next