6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 8:05 AM by Clive Munz

SharePoint 2013 List WDC - Complete Using .Net

Clive Munz

I've completed a Web Data Connector for SharePoint 2013 Lists. This connecter needs to be deployed on a web server with access to the SharePoint site. It uses the .Net libraries Microsoft.SharePoint.Client and Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Runtime to extract data from the specified SharePoint site, dynamically extract the column headers and data types from the specified list and feeds them and the list data to the Web Data Connector API using JSON.

A .zip of the Visual Studio Solution is attached.

- Clive Munz

SP-WDC.PNG

• 1. Re: SharePoint 2013 List WDC - Complete Using .Net
          ivana zrinusic

I can't open .zip file. It shows error "The compressed Folder is invalid". Could you maybe upload it again?

Many thanks,

Ivana

• 2. Re: SharePoint 2013 List WDC - Complete Using .Net
            Clive Munz

Huh, not sure what the issue was, I've re-uploaded it. Seems too be working fine now.

Thanks for the heads up.

Clive

• 3. Re: SharePoint 2013 List WDC - Complete Using .Net
              Bryan Swan

Hello Clive!

Could you perhaps provide some deploy notes on this and create a GitHub Repo for it? It is really a fantastic application!

Also, when I attempt to run the app with Visual Studio 2015 community edition and Visual Studio Express for web, and I'm throwing these errors. I have enabled Directory Browsing on IIS Manager.

Any thoughts?

2016-04-02 12_12_06-Photos.jpg

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Most likely causes:

• A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server.

Things you can try:

• If you do not want to enable directory browsing, ensure that a default document is configured and that the file exists.
              • Enable directory browsing.
                1. Go to the IIS Express install directory.
                2. Run appcmd set config /section:system.webServer/directoryBrowse /enabled:true to enable directory browsing at the server level.
                3. Run appcmd set config ["SITE_NAME"] /section:system.webServer/directoryBrowse /enabled:true to enable directory browsing at the site level.
              • Verify that the configuration/system.webServer/directoryBrowse@enabled attribute is set to true in the site or application configuration file.
              • 4. Re: SharePoint 2013 List WDC - Complete Using .Net
                Bryan Swan

Update, this is resolved by Setting the ASP.NET page as the start page upon opening and unzipping these files and updating your IIS to allow directory browsing.

• 5. Re: SharePoint 2013 List WDC - Complete Using .Net
                  Clive Munz

One important thing to note about this WDC, As far as i can tell, since it uses .NET and IIS you won't be able to upload it to a Tableau server and run extracts on a schedule using it. Just something to consider before investing too much time in it.

- Clive