1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 4:45 AM by Steve Martin

Param Calc makes the report run forever if I hit enter when there is no value in the Param

Habeeb Mohammed

Hi

I have a Param (PoolIDParam) which is applied to the report using a calc (Pool Calc) value. It’s a Boolean condition for the POOL Calc to apply the param to the report. If the PoolIDParam=MBS Pool ID value then the report shows all the values in the report. If the value is wrong then nothing shows up. But what I noticed is that if I clear the value and hit enter, it starts executing a query and the query runs forever. How do I resolve this?

I also want to add a condition that if the param value is null or wrong, I want the report to show a message “Please enter a correct value”. Can you guys advise how I accomplish this. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Param Calc makes the report run forever if I hit enter when there is no value in the Param
          Steve Martin

Hi Habeeb,

This is running against you Netezza source, please can you try this against Superstore Sales to see if this still experiences the same problem.

Furthermore, a quick trawl through the logs when you clear the field will show the code Tableau is attempting to run, I'm betting it will be something along the lines of checking for all entries in your table(s) that have a value of ''.

When you find the code, drop this into Netezza and find the plan, this will give you a better indication as to what is really happening when you clear the field.

Steve