SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER
Senior Big Data Analyst
The Senior Big Data Analyst is responsible for architecting the support, design, maintenance, configuration and monitoring of SPLC’s new Enterprise Data Hub (EDH) environment that spans multiple technology layers (i.e. Hardware, OS, Database, Application, Security, etc.). This position requires a sharp, hard-working individual who is ready to pitch in and do whatever it takes for the team to successfully stand up, roll out and support our growing EDH. Along with the technical work, there will be a need to establish successful processes and documentation. This individual will participate in administration of the EDH environment, integration of external tools/software as well as all strategic and tactical planning of the EDH environment required to meet SPLC-specific business needs. The individual filling this role will also be expected to deliver excellent customer service and to interact in a highly effective manner with other staff and management. They will also be expected to promote the use and adoption of the EDH through staff mentoring, working with various departments to identify and solve business challenges through the EDH as well engaging senior staff.
Primary Job Functions:
Expand the organization’s ability to acquire, analyze and gain actionable insight from data that promotes SPLC’s strategies and mission
Prepare and implement quantitative models for analysis and lead subject matter experts through the process of developing these models.
Manage processes critical to the delivery of metrics and analysis with a focus on customer support and ease of use
Create, implement and documents systems for data capture and transform.
Participate in the process of data governance and manage the implementation of governance policies as they relate to big data and the EDH.
Plans and oversees major platform software installations and upgrades Works with project teams and departments to integrate EDH usage strategies, project integrations and access to promote the
Creates and maintains detailed up-to-date system documentation.
Proactively manage EDH system performance and appropriate additional capacity for peak periods and growth.
Partners with Infrastructure to identify server hardware, software and configurations necessary for optimal operation of the EDH
Provides support to the user community using incident and problem management tools, email, and voicemail.
Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 by 7 on-call support as necessary.
Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and standards in a “Big Data” space/ecosystem and advises stakeholders of trends and opportunities
May mentor less senior programmer analysts, subject matter experts and other system users
Interdepartmental customer management and coordination
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related course of study. (Masters degree preferred.)
- 5 year + relevant experience in data science.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Experience with statistical and machine learning based analysis
- Strong experience in SQL, Python, non-relational databases, GIS, SPSS or similar, as well as Hadoop and its components (i.e. HDFS, YARN, Zookeeper, Oozie, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Hue, Sentry, etc.)
Understanding of message based architecture
Knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Netezza/Postgres)
- Knowledge of associated industry protocol standards such as: LDAP, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.
- Able to perform effectively in a diverse team-oriented environment that focuses on customer service excellence;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ability to communicate and explain solutions to developers, other programming analysts, deployment resources, and business associates;
- Team and solution oriented;
- Must possess a system architect mind-set when working with limited requirements.
The Center offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and references to:
The Southern Poverty Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.