4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 9:15 AM by Arun Krishnasamy

Internal Error

Ryan Lui

Everytime when I open a dashboard and trigger a connection to refresh the data,

I receive this "Unknown Server Error" due to Data Source Exception 'No Such Table'

Unknown_Server_Error___No_such_Table.PNG

However, I have another dashboard which is working fine with the same data source.

Never receive such error message.

Therefore the error message detail 'No such table' is misleading.

btw, all my dashboards are using the TDE approach.

So it is refreshed daily and the dashboard will not take live connection data from any external database server.

More weird behavior is:

After I clicked the 'Yes' button multiple times, some data would be returned but not all.

After I repeated 20 times,  I could see more and more data so some charts were refreshed partly.

in those 20 times, like 5-6 trials did trigger the data loading, the other trials were just ERROR-Message

and do nothing.

Here is what happened....

the dashboard then returned something with this error but it looked like "Incomplete rendering" of the dashboard.

Have anyone of you ever experienced such problem ?

Dashboard_returned_but_with_incomplete_Rendering_result.PNG

I already assume that Tableau Server will (1) return complete RENDERED DATA VISUALIZATION, Still Processing, (2) Hang your machine due to too many marks, or (3) return Nothing. It is the First time that I saw such incomplete DATA VISUALIZATION from many different versions of Tableau Server.

Any recommendation ?

• 1. Re: Internal Error
          Shine Pulikathara

Seems like an error specific to your Tableau Server set up. Have you contacted Tableau Support already? They should be able to help you.

• 2. Re: Internal Error
            Ryan Lui

Our situation is very special. Our database is EXAsol v5.

It turns out the reason is :

1) Potentially, Tableau may have added some enhancements to the driver of this type of database

2) The INTERNAL error disappears after I replaced the TDE (Server side Tableau Data Extract)

connected thru Tableau Server v8.2 with the same data source after Tableau Server 9 upgrade.

3) That explains why the details of the INTERNAL ERROR / UNKNOWN SERVER ERROR

is always like:  Some functions or computed fields cannot be understood by the database server.

Potentially, the SQL generated by the old version TDE thru old Server 8.2 VizQL inside my dashboard

cannot communicate with the upgraded EXAsol TDE in the Tableau Server9.

It is how I explain my situation....

anyway, the INTERNAL / UNKNOWN SERVER ERROR is gone now.      

Thanks Shine !!  I definitely will contact Tableau Support if it comes back.

• 3. Re: Internal Error
              Ryan Lui

Still have the same error sometime,

However, after tracing back to the log files, I get information that it may be an error generated during the VizQL step and it may relate to the action 'BootstrapSession'. At this point, I will contact Tableau Support for help.

Internal_Error1___between_TableauSvr9__and_database_EXAsol_v5.PNG

The relevant portion of the log:

=============================

2015-08-07 22:01:24.036 +0000

(External Demand Partner,local\LOGINUSERNAME,B8E720C1658E43BE8F6E279246E1AECB-0:0,   VcUqlQoK6gwAABgEqBEAAAJS)

catalina-exec-76 :  ERROR  wgsessionId=dF3tuHQL2N54Bl8D79UaZjWOXBrflwU6

com.tableausoftware.controller.vizql.ExceptionController - WrappedTableauException

caught for  vizql session: B8E720C1658E43BE8F6E279246E1AECB-0:0

com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.WrappedTableauException: INTERNAL ERROR

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.util.ErrorMapper.runAndCatchErrors(ErrorMapper.java:125)

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.util.WithSessionAspect.acquireAndReleaseSession(WithSessionAspect.java:128)

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.service.session.VizqlSessionService.bootstrapSessionImpl(VizqlSessionService.java:895)

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.service.session.VizqlSessionService.bootstrapSession(VizqlSessionService.java:837)

at com.tableausoftware.controller.vizql.SessionController.bootstrapSession(SessionController.java:536)

at com.tableausoftware.vqlweb.RequestMapper.bootstrapSession(RequestMapper.java:215)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor511.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:215)

at org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:749)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:689)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:83)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:938)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:870)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:961)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:863)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:646)

at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:837)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:748)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:486)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:411)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:338)

at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenUrl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:195)

at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:159)

at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:141)

at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:90)

at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:417)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at com.tableausoftware.controller.vizql.servlet.CrossSiteScriptingFilter.doFilter(CrossSiteScriptingFilter.java:49)

at org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:88)

at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:503)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:421)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1070)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(AprEndpoint.java:2466)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:2455)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.TableauException: INTERNAL ERROR

at com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.TableauException.getTableauException(TableauException.java:39)

at com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.NativeApiJNI.VQLSessionDelegate_BootstrapSession(Native Method)

at com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.VQLSessionDelegate.BootstrapSession(VQLSessionDelegate.java:43)

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.service.session.VizqlSessionService.bootstrapSessionImpl_aroundBody22(VizqlSessionService.java:938)

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.service.session.VizqlSessionService$AjcClosure23.run(VizqlSessionService.java:1)

at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:149)

at com.tableausoftware.model.vizql.util.ErrorMapper.runAndCatchErrors(ErrorMapper.java:63)

... 59 more

2015-08-07 22:01:24.036 +0000

(External Demand Partner,local\ LOGINUSERNAME,B8E720C1658E43BE8F6E279246E1AECB-0:0,  VcUqlQoK6gwAABgEqBEAAAJS)

catalina-exec-76 : ERROR wgsessionId=dF3tuHQL2N54Bl8D79UaZjWOXBrflwU6

com.tableausoftware.controller.vizql.ExceptionController - Exception details: INTERNAL ERROR

• 4. Re: Internal Error
                Arun Krishnasamy

Ryan Lui

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue. I am exactly having same error Tableau server - Unknown server error