1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 3:48 PM by diego.medrano

DataSourceException Error

Rick Dickens

I have a workbook that was originally created in Tableau 7.0 and only ever used with the desktop client.

I have opened and updated it in 9.0, and then published it to my 9.0 server.

In 9.0 desktop client, the workbook performs flawlessly.

Uploaded to my 9.0 server, I get:

An unexpected error occurred. If you continue to receive this error please contact your Tableau Server Administrator.

DataSourceException: The drivers necessary to connect to the database server '' are not properly installed on Tableau Server. Visit http://www.tableau.com/drivers to download driver setup files.

2015-07-28 18:18:30.094 (VbfHbgoBADEAAA9AnR8AAAIz,0,0)

I noticed, when I published the workbook, my MS SQL datasources aren't on the server.  I manually add them using the client, and then they are there.  I know it's not a driver issue, because I can Test Datasource on server and it connects fine.  I also validated that my tabelau_service account does have the same rights to the sql db that I have.  Also, I didn't cut out the sql server name/ip in the above error, yet there is none, just ".

I'm sure, as usual, I'm missing something easy.

Thanks!

Rick

• 1. Re: DataSourceException Error

Hey Rick,

If you build the workbook from scratch and reestablish the connection to the data source, then publish the workbook, do you experience the same issue? Do you know if any other workbooks are connected to that database and also published to Tableau Server, but work as expected?