1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2016 9:56 AM by Toby Erkson

Struggling with exporting .pdf dashboards with tabcmd.exe

Rodrigo Roscoe

Hey everyone!

I'm relatively new to Tableau, so please bear with me if I'm asking a dumb question

I've been trying to come up with a way to export my dashboards to .pdf files and automatize their forwarding through email, and I found many people recommending using tabcmd.exe and febootimail. I downloaded and installed those apps successfully.

However, when I try to export one of my dashboards using tabcmd, I can only export it successfully if I don't specify the .pdf extension. Below are the commands I've been using:

- Without specifying the .pdf extension:

C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\8.2\extras\Command Line Utility>tabcmd.exe get "/views/VORSaleInProgress/VORAgingReport"

===== Continuing previous session

=====     Server:   http://whqtableau:80/

=====     Username: CORP\svcTableau

===== Requesting /views/VORSaleInProgress/VORAgingReport from server...

===== Saved views/VORSaleInProgress/VORAgingReport to C:/Program Files/Tableau/T

ableau Server/8.2/extras/Command Line Utility/VORAgingReport.

===== Succeeded

- Specifying the .pdf extension:

C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\8.2\extras\Command Line Utility>tabcmd.exe get "/views/VORSaleInProgress/VORAgingReport.pdf"

===== Continuing previous session

=====     Server:   http://whqtableau:80/

=====     Username: CORP\svcTableau

===== Requesting /views/VORSaleInProgress/VORAgingReport.pdf from server...

*** 500 "Internal Server Error"

Do I have to do anything to the report, so the command can export the .pdf file?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rodrigo Roscoe

Message was edited by: Toby Erkson  Duplicate text removed for readability.

1 2 Previous Next