1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 1:33 PM by Ken Patton

Include all information from joined data

Tyler Pickering

Hi all,

So here is how I have two data sources setup:

Source 1: Lane Information

--Contains origin/destination (ex. Chicago,IL to Detroit,MI)

--Contains company name (ex. Ryder Logistics)

Source 2: Contracted information

--Contains origin/destination (ex. Chicago,IL to Detroit,MI)

--Contains company name (ex. Ryder Logistics)

Source 1 has lanes that have moved in the past xx weeks, however, not all companies will be in source 1

--Ex. If company A,B,and C are contracted (source 2), but only company A and B have actually done business

I want to be able to show ALL companies with matching lane information from source 2, basically to show other options

When I setup the relationship only on lane, I get asterisks * in the cells, but if I setup the relationship on Lane and Company Name, then I only show companies that have both (1) done business so far and (2) are contracted. I want to show ALL companies contracted, regardless of whether we have done business. Almost like a full outer join, but that join says it's unavailable.

If that makes sense, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Include all information from joined data
          Ken Patton

Hi Tyler

I hope you got your problem solved by now. It sounds like you are (or at least, were) Data Blending.

The asterisks you saw are the ATTR aggregation function, meaning more than one value was present.

To get the behavior you want (a true Join), you are better off to blend your two sources upstream of Tableau.

What are / were the two data sources (e.g. Excel, mySQL, etc. )  ?