1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 2:56 PM by Tom W

Age of product overtime

Chris Walbrun

What I'm looking to do is graph the age of a product overtime using only the name of the product and the date of sale. So the data set is "Apple" and "1/1/2012".

I have a calculated field using DateDiff which is DateDiff("day", [date of sale], Today()) but I know that isn't correct because then I only get how old the product is for today and I need to see a whole range of ages.

Is there a way to calculate out the various dates between the sale date and Today and then use them for the x-axis?

• 1. Re: Age of product overtime
          Tom W

but I know that isn't correct because then I only get how old the product is for today and I need to see a whole range of ages.

In your 'sample data' you said you had one product and one sale date. Do you have several apple sales all with different dates and you want to calculate how long it's been since each sale? Or do you have one apple sale as per your sample and there's somehow multiple dates within that?

I'd suggest a good starting point would be to create a sample tableau packaged workbook.