2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 9:57 AM by Hamish Wilson

eventListener not functioning correctly. Versioning issue?

Hamish Wilson

I've configured an event listener that works absolutely fine so long as the URL is pointing at Tableau Public -http://public.tableau.com/views/WorldIndicators/GDPpercapita - but if I change the URL to something I've personally deployed on Tableau Server the event listener doesn't work.

Is this a version issue? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

• 1. Re: eventListener not functioning correctly. Versioning issue?
          Hamish Wilson

If I was responding to this I might ask "What makes you think it's a versioning issue?" - the answer to which would be intuition. Which is frequently misguided. Please don't let this constrain anyones avenue of investigation.

• 2. Re: eventListener not functioning correctly. Versioning issue?
            Hamish Wilson

Developments: I tried removing the URL ending, which read .../Book2/Sheet1?:embed=y&:display_count=no#1 to see if that would make a difference, and now the event listener IS doing something, or it's being recognised. But now I see three errors; the first on page load, the second when I mouse over the viz, the third whenever I try to activative the event listener.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'minHeight' of undefinedtab.

tableau-2.0.0.min.js:368 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get_sheet' of nulltableauSoftware.Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get_name' of null

I've truncated the speed but you get the idea.