1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 12:26 AM by Vinod Vayalamkuzhi

Testing With Tabjolt

vishwanath Pendyala

Hi

I got a chance to get my hands on tabjolt yesterday and was able to do basic testing . How ever when I configure for the worker nodes in Dataretriever .config , It throws out Socket exception as below

I am using Guest access in the below case

I have removed the host details from the below for security purpose

Failed to get the object from the pool due to the following error: SocketExcepti

on: Connection reset

The Health Service failed to open JMX connection with component: vizqlserver, se

rvice URL: /jndi/rmi://localhost:9400/jmxrmi

Failed to connect to the JMX connector due to the following error: SocketException: Connection reset

However when I do netstat -a it indicates that all the connections are in Time Wait Status

Port.JPG

However the rest of the Process went smooth and It gave me the Test ID at the end and I was able to view some metrics In Performance Viz

Performance.JPG

However , When I check the load on the server , it doesn't show any activity  in the server admin views

Loadviews.JPG

But , I see the activity in who has seen the view below the workbook

whohasseenview.JPG

Any thoughts , Am I missing something here .Any Help is appreciated.

Neelesh Kamkolkar

kaifeng zeng

Thanks

Vishwa

• 1. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
          Jeff Strauss

Have you run an enable of the JMX ports?

tabadmin set service.jmx_enabled true

• 2. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
            vishwanath Pendyala

Yes , I enabled them

Thanks

Vishwa

• 3. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
              kaifeng zeng

Please try using jconsole to connect to /jndi/rmi://localhost:9400/jmxrmi and check if it works. It could be that jmx is not enabled for some reason.

Not being able to collect JMX won't block your run. it is just that you don't have the jmx counter information. It seems that performance counters are being collected. you can look at the cpu and memory tab and see whether the cpu and memory consumption goes up during the run.

• 4. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                vishwanath Pendyala

Hi

I don't see any data in CPU & Memory Tab

Cpu and Memory.JPG

But I see the data in VizQL tab

Can you let me know why I am not seeing any load in the server admin views when I am running Load testing. This is quite confusing to me.

Thanks

Vishwa

• 5. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                  vishwanath Pendyala

Hi Jeff Strauss

where you able to see any load in the server admin views when you executed the Load testing. This is quite confusing to me as I dont see any user load in the admin views but who has seen the views shows the load.

Can you comment on this

Thanks

Vishwa

• 6. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                    Jeff Strauss

it could be a number of variables that cause your problems.  I was able to capture the metrics, but it took some digging.

Here are some thoughts:

1. I did not use guest access.  Rather, I used an admin account that had access to everything within our Tableau dev server and had server admin access across the boxes, from where-ever you are running tabjolt, it needs to be able to remotely connect into perfmon stats on the worker boxes to capture these metrics.

2. Make sure that the remote registry services are enabled.  I'm not sure if this really helps or not.  But at the very least it did not get in the way and I was following advice of Kaifeng.

3. See the quick guide I put together (attached).  I did it for my internal team so when we need to go run a more thorough test, we can hopefully follow this.

I hope this helps

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                      vishwanath Pendyala

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply, I have enabled Remote Registry services and Will re run the load test and check, However I dont understand the Step 8 in your document

I have mentioned the host uri and what does I need to give for the server name , I did not see any instructions for that in Tabjolt Documentation.

Servername.JPG

I will re run the test and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Vishwa

• 8. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                        Jeff Strauss

yeah, the servername IP was not part of their instructions.  I don't know if I had to update it or not, but I do know that the default supplied IP is not part of our network when pinging it, so I just updated it to the gateway entry for our hosturi.

the one piece I realized I left out was the enable of the jmx service, I will go back and add it into my doc.  tabadmin set service.jmx_enabled true

• 9. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                          vishwanath Pendyala

I get now divide by Zero error

Starting the test @ Tue Jun 09 11:24:09 EDT 2015 (1433863449523)

Waiting for possible shutdown message on port 4445

Tidying up ...    @ Tue Jun 09 11:24:10 EDT 2015 (1433863450553)

... end of run

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m; support

was removed in 8.0

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=128m; sup

port was removed in 8.0

Jmeter process has exited. Waiting for the other processes to exit.

All processes have exited.

-------------start processing perf counters and run result-------------

Finish processeing all Jmeter perf result samples.

Finished processing all perf counter records

Failed to process perf counters and run result.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: division by zero

Where: SQL statement "UPDATE test_runs

SET TPS_average=(

totalSamples/totalseconds

)

WHERE id=runId"

PL/pgSQL function sp_update_test_run_stats(integer) line 116 at SQL statement

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx

ecutorImpl.java:2161)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutor

Impl.java:1890)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.ja

va:255)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat

ement.java:560)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Abstract

Jdbc2Statement.java:417)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdb

c2Statement.java:359)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.ResultProcessor.DBHelper.updateTestRun

Stats(DBHelper.java:189)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.ResultProcessor.ResultProcessor.startP

rocessing(ResultProcessor.java:86)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.perfRunHarness.Main.startPerfResultsSa

ver(Main.java:111)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.perfRunHarness.Main.main(Main.java:77)

Thanks

Vishwa

• 10. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                            Jeff Strauss

well maybe that's progress.  what duration are you using?  you may need to up it.

• 11. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                              vishwanath Pendyala

Its 120 seconds

,I was able to run the test previously with Guest but It did not collect the Metrics from workers, But now after giving the user name and password its failing I believe.  Not Sure If I can correlate it

Thanks

Vishwa

• 12. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                                Jeff Strauss

are you running tabjolt with a server admin account that has access to collect metrics from the workers?  You can verify this by running perfmon and connecting to the worker servers manually from here and see if it can collect the metrics.

Also, try increasing your duration to 300.

• 13. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                                  vishwanath Pendyala

It might be the cause , Let me get the sysadmin access to tabjolt machine and test it again. I will update the thread as I progress.

Thanks

Vishwa

• 14. Re: Testing With Tabjolt
                                    vishwanath Pendyala

Attaching the result of the logs

kaifeng zeng

-------------start processing perf counters and run result-------------

Finished processing all perf counter records

Finish processeing all Jmeter perf result samples.

Failed to process perf counters and run result.

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: division by zero

Where: SQL statement "UPDATE test_runs

SET TPS_average=(

totalSamples/totalseconds

)

WHERE id=runId"

PL/pgSQL function sp_update_test_run_stats(integer) line 116 at SQL statement

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx

ecutorImpl.java:2161)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutor

Impl.java:1890)

at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.ja

va:255)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Stat

ement.java:560)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(Abstract

Jdbc2Statement.java:417)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(AbstractJdb

c2Statement.java:359)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.ResultProcessor.DBHelper.updateTestRun

Stats(DBHelper.java:189)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.ResultProcessor.ResultProcessor.startP

rocessing(ResultProcessor.java:86)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.perfRunHarness.Main.startPerfResultsSa

ver(Main.java:111)

at com.tableausoftware.test.tools.perfRunHarness.Main.main(Main.java:77)

Thanks

Vishwa

1 2 Previous Next