4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 8:48 PM by Andrew Chung

TUG Competition in July

Andrew Chung

Hello all,

I just got an email from the TUG coordinator announcing a fun competition coming up in July. Please let me know if this is something you all would be interested in participating in. Below are some details about the event. I pass additional information as I get them. Thanks.

Andrew

Hello Wonderful TUG Leaders,

We have an exciting announcement to make. During the month of July there will be a friendly competition between all of our Tableau User Groups! This competition will take place on the day of your user group meeting in July. This is an opportunity for you to connect with other incredible Tableau leaders, impress everyone with your mad skills, and even win prizes (not to mention bragging rights).

If you’d like to participate, the rules are simple:

1. 1. Register your TUG for the event (one registration per user group)
      2. 2. Contact the event organizer, Shawn Wallwork, for more details about this event
      3. 3. At 7:00am (your time) the morning of your July TUG meeting download the dataset
      4. 4. Use the day and / or your meeting to create the most amazing viz / vizzes possible!
      5. 5. Publish your workbook to a private Tableau Online account that will be provided by Shawn Wallwork

On August 1st all submissions will be moved to a Public account and the judging will begin! Awards and prizes will follow.

Please don’t forget to thank our Albuquerque TUG leader, Shawn Wallwork, for creating and organizing this event! If you have any questions, feel free to contact him directly.

We hope that you’re able to participate in this fun competition and that your local Tableau community enjoys the event. Thank you for being our amazing evangelists and helping others in your community master Tableau. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!

1. Good luck to everyone