2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2016 6:20 AM by Tim Fauber

Navigation URL issues

Robert OBrien

I created a Navigation dashboard to help the user navigate various analysis and reports. How can i get the image URL to open the target dashboard in the same window as the navigator?I created a Navigation dashboard to help the user navigate various analysis and reports. How can i get the image URL to open the target dashboard in the same window as the navigator?

• 1. Re: Navigation URL issues
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Robert ,

When you use the image url then it will open in new tab.

You added image directly in dashboard and added url via right click image->set url right.

see image

Untitled.png

in this way we can add then it ll go new tab and it will not open from dashboard.

when you add image in shapes then it will go to some other sheets within dashboard.

see attached workbook.

thanks

sankar

• 2. Re: Navigation URL issues
            Tim Fauber

I have the same question I think but I would like to restate it.  I have a workbook with several images,  each image has a URL set to some other workbook.   The behavior I see when I click an image is to launch the new workbook in a new Tab.  The behavior I would like to see is to dismiss the current work book with images and launch the new workbook. 

Has anyone done this?

Tim.f