8 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 5:52 AM by Esau Villagonzalo

TabJolt Session Issue

Goutham Penumatsa

Followed all the steps from installation guide, when running TabJolt test, process is exiting with below error

FATAL [2015-04-28 16:42:05,921][setUp Thread Group 1-1] (LoadSessionSetup.java:45)   - Failed to set up load test session. Stopping the test run.

I have tried leaving blank for user credentials in ServerTestConfig.yaml (Guest is enabled) and also with active local user credentials. Anything else that I can check to make this work?

--Full Log

D:\Tabjolt>go --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=60 --c=1

Perf harness is started with parameters: --rootPath=D:\Tabjolt --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=60 --c=1

-------------start collecting JMX counters--------------

Output File:D:\Tabjolt/results/2015-04-28_16-42-02/jmxcounter.tsv

-------------start collecting Zabbix counters--------------

Output File:D:\Tabjolt/results/2015-04-28_16-42-02/zabbixcounter.tsv

-------------start windows performance counters collection-------------

Output File:d:\tabjolt/results/2015-04-28_16-42-02/wincounter.tsv

-------------start Jmeter load test run-------------

Output file: D:\Tabjolt/results/2015-04-28_16-42-02/result.jtl

Command: [D:\Tabjolt/bin/jmeter.bat, -n, -t=D:\Tabjolt//testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx, -j=D:\Tabjolt/logs/jmeter_2015-04-28_16-42-02.log, -JthreadCount=1, -Jduration=60, -JconfigFolderPath=D:\Tabjolt/config/, -Jlogpath=D:\Tabjolt/results/2015-04-28_16-42-02/result.jtl]

Created the tree successfully using D:\Tabjolt//testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx

Starting the test @ Tue Apr 28 16:42:05 PDT 2015 (1430264525250)

Waiting for possible shutdown message on port 4445

FATAL [2015-04-28 16:42:05,921][setUp Thread Group 1-1] (LoadSessionSetup.java:45)   - Failed to set up load test session. Stopping the test run.

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "L1900Tracker"

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.perfTestSuite.ViewFetcher.populateVizFromCSV(ViewFetcher.java:217)

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.perfTestSuite.ViewFetcher.initialize(ViewFetcher.java:73)

at com.tableausoftware.test.server.perfTestSuite.LoadSessionSetup.runTest(LoadSessionSetup.java:39)

at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.java.sampler.JavaSampler.sample(JavaSampler.java:191)

at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.process_sampler(JMeterThread.java:429)

at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:257)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Tidying up ...    @ Tue Apr 28 16:42:05 PDT 2015 (1430264525983)

... end of run

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m; support  was removed in 8.0

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

Jmeter process has exited. Waiting for the other processes to exit.

Waiting for processes "Windows Perf Counter Data Retriever;JMX/Zabbix Counter Data Retriever" to complete. 30 seconds have elapsed.

All processes have exited.

• 1. Re: TabJolt Session Issue
          Russell Christopher

Is : "L1900Tracker" the name of one of the vizzes in your vizpool.csv? What happens if you delete that line?

• 2. Re: TabJolt Session Issue
            Goutham Penumatsa

yes "L1900Tracker" is one of the links in vizpool.csv.  I tried different viz links with same behavior/error.

Thanks,

Goutham.

• 3. Re: TabJolt Session Issue
              Russell Christopher

Could you paste in a few example lines, please?

Wonder if your csv file has strange encoding, or something?

• 4. Re: TabJolt Session Issue
                Goutham Penumatsa

Thanks for the pointer, I isolated the issue to links published in other sites than Default

Links work in below format

/views/NationalKPIDashboard/NationalKPIDashboard/1

When links are added from a different site, I get the error Failed to setup load test session

/t/TP/views/AAVDashboard/AAVDashboard/10

Do you have the format of the link I can use for viz from site other than default site?

Thanks,

Goutham.

• 5. Re: TabJolt Session Issue

Goutham,

Thanks for trying TabJolt. A few things to check.

1. Can you publish the viz to the default site and try it again. there is a bug when you publish to a non-default site. The /t/TP tells me you may have published to a different non-default site. Since it a load test the site shouldn't really matter, but please try publishing viz to default site to avoid hitting the known bug. 

2. If the above doesn't work, and/or you still get a NumberFormatException (this seems suspiciously like a bug kaifeng zeng ), but first lets check if it's a parsing problem. To check for it, can you rename your viz to something without numbers in it, republish to the default site and try again? 

(#3, Below is not related to your issue, but something to be aware of)

3. The JVM errors below tell me ur using JAVA 8.0 -- which in itself is fine for TabJolt and not an issue. However, as an FYI,  TabJolt initializes with 2GB of RAM. You should make sure you have at least 2GB free on the machine you are running TabJolt on.

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m; support  was removed in 8.0

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

Sometimes this can happen due to memory fragmentation (no relation to TabJolt), but a restart of the machine where you are running TabJolt may help. Alternately, I have seen some others just v7 of the JVM which seems to honor the low memory settings. The thing i'd caution on running load generators on low resource conditions is to monitor them for saturation.

Best,

Neelesh

• 6. Re: TabJolt Session Issue

Goutham,

We were able to reproduce this issue and the problem actually was a bug in the documentation (which is fixed, we are in process of uploading it).

In the vizpool.csv -- please remove the http://servername/ - so if the URL in the browser is the following:

http://localhost/#/views/WorldIndicators/GDPpercapita?:iid=1

Your vizpool.csv link should be as below (note no server portion of the URL)

/views/WorldIndicators/GDPpercapita/25

Hope this helps.
                    Neelesh

• 7. Re: TabJolt Session Issue
                      Goutham Penumatsa

Thanks for the update Neelesh!!

I have updated vizpool.csv to links only from default site and was able to run the load test fine.

Thanks,

Goutham.

• 8. Re: TabJolt Session Issue
                        Esau Villagonzalo

It would be nice if the non-default site issue is fixed so that we can expand the use case of Tabjolt as a cache warmer. So far, I really like this tool and appreciate all your help on this.